Red Wing, MN
In 1900, a successful grain merchant named TB Sheldon donated $100,000 to build a state-of-the-art theater in Red Wing. Almost 90 years later, The Joseph Company was called in to restore this landmark. The balcony, orchestra pit, and basement dressing rooms were all completely re-built. Custom plaster molds had to be built based on old photographs to properly restore all the ornamental plaster trims, moldings, and accents. Artisans were brought to Red Wing from Los Angeles, CA to complete the decorative painting. Joseph led this special project and delivered this jewel box to the City of Red Wing on time and on budget. The TB Sheldon Auditorium was a “one of a kind” restoration featuring extensive period detail and craftsmanship.
This project won state and national recognition for excellence in construction from the Associated Builders & Contractors.